Do you want to know the reasons why MediCard holders are worry free? Then you have two options: You can either watch this special video presentation or read more.
Read More... Medicard Is One of the Strongest HMOs in the PH
Remember the old adage "Health is wealth." I am telling you, this is so true. Even if you have a lot of money today, there might come a time that you will lose all your savings just to pay for your hospitalization bills. Most of us, young Pinoys, have this belief that sickness only befalls the weak and old, tama ba (right)? Well, most of us make the mistake of thinking we don’t need to worry about health care because we're young and healthy. In fact, there are those who would spend all there savings on the latest gadgets or on cellphone loads rather than get a health plan, right again? Ha ha ha! Bulls eye! Most of us don’t realize that in life, I am not asking for it but in reality, whether you admit it or not, there are a number of unexpected events: vehicular and sporting accidents, trauma cases, milk tea poisoning, even dog bites that need equal attention and importance.
I learned this lesson the hard way. As you know, I am a ruptured brain aneurysm survivor. I could have used some health care service like MEDICard when I was admitted in the hospital and when I underwent an operation. I am speaking from my true experience. Stressed ka na sa sakit mo, stressed ka pa sa kahahanap ng ipangbabayad mo sa ospital. Coiling and stent operation plus the hospital room fee, surgeon professional fee and other add-ons plus physical therapy, medicines, check-ups and other treatments thereafter left me with an almost empty coffer. Why ? Because I did not prepare for those events. I should have gotten myself an insurance combo to protect me in times of need.
My brother who happened to be my mentor said that stress might be impossible to avoid in this crazy world but there are ways to manage it and feel more relaxed to maintain our balance within. These include organizing our daily schedules, getting a life insurance and HMO, simplifying our activities and eliminating unnecessary commitments. Exercising, eating healthy and staying in a relaxing environment can also put our mind at ease. We also need to nurture optimism and tolerance to not get easily upset by unfavorable situations and difficult people.
I decided to move on since nothing will happen if I'll just be think negatively about it. After all, the year is still young and perfect for a fresh start. It is a good idea to work on improving my health and well-being. I am currently shopping for the perfect HMO which could jive with my medical needs in the future. There are so many health cards in the market today. And choosing for the reliable one will cause stress in itself.
After interviewing and comparing various health cards, I came up with several reasons why MediCard members feel secure that their health is cared for by one of the strongest in the industry.
1. Medicard is the pioneer in HMO industry. It is turning 28 in the month of May this year. No wonder, people trust them 100%.
2. Long list of accredited providers. You are out of town and you suddenly need a medical assistance? Why worry? MediCard has a long list of accredited providers. From 5-star hospitals to ward or semi-private hospitals, MediCard is sure to have an accredited provider near you. You can check its accredited providers here: http://www.medicardphils.com/accredited-providers/
3. Medicard offers a Flexible Plans such as individual VIP Plan, Individual or with Family comprehensive healthcare coverage to its members from hospitalization, outpatient, preventive, emergency, member’s financial assistance and dental services. RxER makes quality and comprehensive health care available, even to people above age 40. Medicard provides health care on a personal level. You can apply as an individual or get coverage for your whole family. You have an option for a tailor-made coverage.Do you have a strict budget to follow? Why Worry? MediCard has flexible plans. They have Individual and Family plans specifically created for individuals and families who want to have coverage for hospitalization, out-patient, preventive healthcare, emergency, member’s financial assistance and dental care. They have VIP plans for those who want to have more comprehensive healthcare coverage. On top of the extensive hospitalization, out-patient, preventive healthcare, emergency, member’s financial assistance and dental care coverage, MediCard VIP plans also come with healthcare assistance during an emergency abroad. They also have RXER plan designed to give members utmost value and convenience, RXER offers a specialized healthcare maintenance service that covers emergency for trauma cases, preventive and outpatient care. Best of all, there’s no age limit, no medical check-up required and there’s no age hierarchy to be followed. (Source: medicardphils.com)
4. It is the only HMO founded and run by doctors. Hooray! You are assured to be provided with a quality healthcare with compassion to its members.
5. Easy application and renewal of membership. Too busy to drop-by and submit? Why worry? With MediCard, you can easily apply and renew your membership online. MediCard knows how precious is your health, and so is your time. That’s why MediCard made it easy for you. You can apply online here: http://www.medicardphils.com/medicard-online-membership/
6. DiscountPerks. Do you love discounts, lifestyle card, or to travel? Why worry? With MediCard, you don’t just have a health card. It’s also like a lifestyle card that offers you several perks and discounts! They have partners with restaurants like Banapple which offer 5% off on dine-in and take out orders for every Php 200 minimum purchase, whenever you present your MediCard. This offer is valid until March 1, 2016. It also arranged a hotel discount in such marvelous location like 7Stones Boracay Suites which offer 15% off on regular room rates and 10% discount at 7th Note Cafe whenever you present your MediCard. Valid until January 31, 2016. It also forged partnership with other health and beauty services like Zenyu Eco Spa and Elorde, optical like EO and Ideal Vision, and special services like Cordlife and Lifeline. You can check Medicard’s Perks here: http://www.medicardphils.com/medicard-perks/
7. MediCard Holders are assured that they will be assisted by MediCard friendly liaison officer. I actually read testimonies of some patients online where they rave about the good performance of the MediCard liaison officer stationed at each accredited hospital nationwide.
8. Medicard is the first HMO awarded with ISO certification in the Asia Pacific Region.
Medicard has its own MediCard Lifestyle Center which houses a modern edifice in the heart of Makati that offers diverse clinical, dental and specialty services. Medicard is just a text away. You don’t have time to call? And you don't have an access to the internet at the moment? Why worry?MediCard is just a text away. By just texting, you can get your membership information, know when the latest payment was made, know the total utilization for the current contract year, report confinement, and you can even give a feedback or air your complaint.
No worries. Be happy! Medicard members need not worry in times of medical crisis. Why worry? MediCard knows what you need when you need it. They know how to value your health, lifestyle, and even your time. With MediCard, you don’t have to worry about anything.