Today, I receive all God’s love for me. Today, I open myself to the unbounded, limitless, overflowing abundance of God’s Universe. Today, I open myself to your Blessings, healing and miracles.Today, I open myself to God’s Word so that I become more like Jesus Everyday. Today, I proclaim that I’m God’s Beloved, I’m God’s Servant, I’m God’s powerful champion, And because I am blessed, I will bless the world, In Jesus Name, Amen.

Featured Post

The Great Wall of China in Mutianyu

The Great Wall of China is referred to in Mandarin as Wanli Changcheng   (10,000-Li Long Wall or simply very long wall) BEIJING, ...

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

The Great Wall of China in Mutianyu


The Great Wall of China is referred to in Mandarin as Wanli Changcheng
  (10,000-Li Long Wall or simply very long wall)
BEIJING, CHINA- Since I was a child, I always wonder how it is to traverse The Great Wall of China. So many questions keep popping on my head, like would it collapse when I walked on the thousand years old flooring? Or would my stiletto heeled boots be caught in between the tiles that made up the Great wall? Would I be the Jill tumbling down the Great Wall? Ha ha ha!
My childhood dream became a reality when I joined a tour to the Mutianyu section of the Great Wall of China last November 24, 2010, for 320 RMB including entrance fee, breakfast, lunch and transportation to and from Mutianyu. 

Mutianyu is a very ideal location to appreciate the grandness of the Great Wall as well as to avoid the crowds of the portion of the Great Wall at Badaling. 

Mutianyu is the most beautiful section of the Great Wall of China, filled with fragrant flowers in spring, abundantly verdant in summer, charming with red-leafed maple trees in autumn and enchanting covered in pure white snow in winter.
Cable cars are available to help visitors go up The Great Wall of China in Mutianyu easily. The cost is 45 RMB. It is better to get the package of Cable going up plus Toboggan going down for only 65 RMB. This is not included in the tour package. You have to shell out another 65 RMB on top of the 320 RMB tour package.  You could opt to have the cable car alone going up The Great Wall of China in Mutianyu for 45 RMB per person.
I was so afraid I did not enjoy the breathtaking views of the surrounding valley when I rode the open cable car at The Great Wall of China in Mutianyu. Who would not be terrified riding an open cable car? The attendant shoved me to the passing cable car seat because I froze when I saw that the open cable car has no safety belt.
At the Great Wall of China, there are many uneven surfaces, many steep stairs to climb and a lot of walking to do, add to that, the unmerciful Siberian wind blowing so strongly. I was catching my breath after only a few minutes of walking at The Great Wall of China in Mutianyu. But the view from the Great wall is simply amazing.
I learned that the Mutianyu (Chinese: 慕田峪; pinyin: Mùtiányù) is a section of the Great Wall of China located in Huairou County 70km northeast of Beijing. The Mutianyu section of the Great Wall is connected with Jiankou in the west and Lianhuachi in the east. As one of the best-preserved parts of the Great Wall, the Mutianyu section of the Great Wall used to serve as the northern barrier defending the capital and the imperial tombs.
Built mainly with granite, the wall is 7-8 meters high and the top is 4-5 meters wide. Compared with other sections of Great Wall, Mutianyu Great Wall possesses unique characteristics in its construction. 

Mutianyu watchtowers are densely placed along this section of the Great Wall - 22 watchtowers on this 2,250-meter-long stretch. Both the outer and inner parapets are crenelated with merlons, so that shots could be fired at the enemy on both sides - a feature very rare on other parts of the Great Wall. 

The Mutianyu Pass consists of 3 watchtowers, one big in the center and two smaller on both sides. Standing on the same terrace, the three watchtowers are interconnected to each other inside and compose a rarely seen structure among all sections of Great Wall.
The view from one of the window of the tower is simply amazing.
Besides, this section of Great Wall is surrounded by woodland and streams. The forest-coverage rate is over 90 percent. The view is breathtaking and certainly an experience to remember.
Going down, I took advantage of Mutianyu's wheeled toboggan ride down from The Great Wall of China in Mutianyu on a winding metal track. 
Toboggan (luge) is definitely the way to go down from The Great Wall of Mutianyu. It's a great way to end a great day and this is suitable for everyone.
You'll be at the bottom before you know it. Definitely the fastest way down. I really really enjoyed this Toboggan ride down from The Great Wall of China in Mutianyu.
Please avail of the package ride of cable car going up and toboggan down for only 65 RMB or your toboggan ride down alone will cost you 50 RMB per person.
Weeee! I love the Toboggan ride, if only for it, I would be visiting the Great Wall again in the future!!! Two thumbs up for toboggan ride!!


67 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice pictures Achi Cha! :)
-Mary

Lane said...

Awesome! Nice blog Cha.. 'love the photos. Now I wish I could go to Beijing and see The Great Walls of China too.

Interesting site! Love it. Keep blogging...

Unknown said...

to sia di Mary! I miss you pamkin!

Unknown said...

Thank you so much Beautiful Lane! Ikaw pa, syempre any moment kayang kaya hi hi!

Babsy said...

I didn't get answers from your first paragraph :) Collapse, stiletto and Jill.

Were you able to use some Chinese language during your stay there or plainly English?

Unknown said...

Hi sissy! Tsup! Thanks for taking time to read my blog! I do appreciate you for that!

Yes! The Great Wall flooring did not collapse when I walked on it! I was deliriously happy! I almost tumbled down the Great Wall ha ha ha! Fortunately I did not wore that stiletto heeled boots.

And Yes, I put into good use my pocket size Mandarin, and got a ceramic chopsticks set for only 24 yuan and a chess board with ivory Chinese inspired characters as chess pieces for 34 yuan! I don't know if it was a steal but my new found Chinese friends told me I got a good deal!

chrisair said...

How much time kaya pedeng iconsume pag nglakad jan, nakakapagod siguro pero siguro sarap magjogging nakakasexy, aww

Lady Patchy said...

I'd like to go there but I don't think i can walk that far because of my asthma. Good photo's and a grat experience too.

Unknown said...

Chrisair not hours but months po for you to complete the whole Great Wall length. Super nakakapagod kasi uneven yun flooring. Then super lamig pa. Ha ha ha! Talagang nanginginig na kami pagkalipas lang po ng 15 minutes doon.

Unknown said...

Tatess don't fret I myself were only able to reach the second tower di ko na kinaya sa lamig po at sa uneven surface.

Gil Camporazo said...

Great Wall of China is one of the interesting and historical places I learned from our world history before when I was studying in high school. I was awed by the carftmanship of those builders, workers and the building materials used in the construction of this wall. I keep on wondering myself how long does it a person to get into the last portion of the wall, starting for the origin. I have seen one of my friends who set her foot on the said wall. How I wish I could do too!

From T.R.U.T.H.

Traveling Morion said...

wow! one of the destinations in my wishlist. Great photos, nice article:) keep on blogging, hapi nyu yer!!!

www.morionworld.blogspot.com

c5 @ battlingasthma.info said...

Aba may cable na pala dun! I also would like to trod the Great Wall. kelan kaya?

Unknown said...

Sir Gil starting from the origin to the end one can camped across the great wall of china in 15 months I got this from thegreatwalk.com

Unknown said...

Thanks Morion Happy New year too!

Unknown said...

c5 the cable car @ the Mutianyu section of the great wall was so scary~! The attendant shoved me to the passing cable car seat. He actually gave me an instruction and I just stood there because I can't understand him ha ha ha! You have to be fast in order to catch the passing cable car. And they don't have any safety doors only a piece of metal across your lap. Everything else is expose including your feet. I was really afraid. It was so different from the cable car in Ocean Park in Hongkong or Lantau Island. But I guess that's part of the thrill.

Amor said...

ang galing! i also take pictures. i hope we could go for a shoot together sometime...

Unknown said...

Thanks Miss Davawenya! Kelan ka mapapasyal dito sa Manila? Photowalk tayo!

GagayMD said...

many said it's really a great experience to travel in the the great wall of china..how i wish i could.. ;|

Edmar del Castillo Guquib said...

Hey Cha I envy you for seeing this structure they refer to as the only man-made structure seen from the moon!

athena said...

so cool. i've always wanted to go there :)

Gil Camporazo said...

A second look to Great Wall of China! Now I just later found out that you like riding on Toboggan. What made you decide to go back there and have fun with the said ride?

lakwatsero said...

The Great Wall of China should be on my bucket list, pero for now, wishlist na lang muna.

MheAnne said...

Thanks for the post.Wow, another side of the Great Wall! I visited the Badaling side with my boyfriend in January 2008.Glad he is very familiar of Beijing (coz he had a crash course of chinese language in university and was having a law course in 2008) so we did DIY and skipped the expensive tour. We also took the bus which is comfortable for only 16RMB and the cable car which was a good idea!

Sionee said...

we were talking about China the other night and Dan said if I'll go to China it is better if I visit Beijing first! hihi love ur pics!!

Shelmar said...

Kulng ang tour pag pumunta k sa China at hindi k nkapunta sa Wall of China... =)) Kelan kaya ako makakapunta sa China.. hehe -Shiela

Blanca said...

This is in my list of dream destinations. I love reading your post, very informative.:) The luge looks like fun but I doubt if I can ever ride that going down.:)

Ma. Novie Godmalin said...

One of my dream places to visit aside from England. It looks fantastic! How could they ever built a wall as long as as good as that many years ago!? Amazing isnt it?

Anonymous said...

Nice one! I fancy to go there one day and see how great is the Great Wall of China. Cheers!

ROMELO said...

a lot of walking huh? at least, you enjoyed the great view from the wall...

Unknown said...

Buti ka pa, you got to go there na. Sigh. Hanggang pangarap na lang ata ito

Unknown said...

Hopefully, China will be on my travel IT next year! That ride sounds like a lot of fun.

AJ said...

Very informative post! Been there years ago and it truly was an amazing experience. :)

stacy said...

wanna try the tobbogan ride!

markpogi said...

Adding The Great Wall of China on my to go to before I go to heaven :D.

fbalgos said...

I love how you wrote this Ate Cha!
It's sooo inspiring to try this as well.
Hay! There's a lot of places in the world that i'd like to visit and I only have one lifetime for it.

I can dare the open car cable.. I think it would be very much fun!

Michi said...

i love to go here pag may budget na. =)

Chel said...

I've always wanted to visit China and have photos taken around Great Wall of China. If I'll be able to have extra cash, I'm going to book a flight!

http://chelinumerable.blogspot.com

francing said...

wow, very inspiring sana one of these days makaduman man ako sa Great Wall of China.

AJ said...

Nice to read this and see the pix again. I didn't know there was a toboggan there. Was it scary? It's a long way down, after all. :)

lalalaPatricia said...

I really wana go to that place! But it's pretty tiring noh good thing there's toboggan! I just knew that now. Thanks for the info! :)

MooNhing🌙 said...

wow! i thought it was just a wall used for defense long time ago, but i got interested on your cable ride experience. I'm afraid of heights but probably i wanna try it. Just give me a little of your tips :)

MaryJane Tauyan said...

hopefull i can visit countries like this very soon!! xx

Joanna said...

Impressive experience. In sharing your fulfilled dream, you evoke a new dream in me: to run the entire length of the Great Wall. :)

BTW, thanks for dropping by my page!

Unknown said...

AJ the toboggan ride going down the Great Wall of China is an experience in itself. I bet you'll enjoy the toboggan ride too!

Hazel said...

The open cable car has no safety belt? They're kidding! But well, I'm going there after Singapore so I'll find out soon enough.

Blanca said...

It has always been my dream to see The Great Wall of China. Lucky you! It is beautiful.:)

Debra Eckerling said...

This is so cool! And so much fun to read. Thanks for taking us on your journey!

GagayMD said...

..dunno when can i visit the great wall of China! :|

Josie said...

Love the photos, they are beautiful with the Great Wall of China, so historic, and like you, I will be terrified riding on that open cable car, I don't have an insurance hahaha and also afraid of height.. lol..

chino said...

This is one of my dream destinations . I wish I could visit this place someday.

Chilipina | Ayzee Casimiro said...

This is awesome, sis! :) I'll definitely visit China, probably next year. Will have to visit JP first. Hehe.

chrisair said...

great place to wander, love ll the images

Simplymarrimye said...

Excellent view of the GREAT WALL!
I wish I can visit China someday and set my feet on that famous place.

Gene said...

Oh my, visiting this place is in my life list. Hoping to visit this place at least once in my life. The Tobonggan ride sounds exciting. Is it safe for kids?

Matsumoto said...

I love the shot framed by a window, postcard perfect!

Rachelle said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rachelle said...

very nice pics! i wonder when will i have the chance to go there... my husband frequently travels to china but only for work and to a different city. wish we can have that opportunity to see one of the wonders of the world!

Ness said...

Wow!! Ang sosyal ng post mo na to sis. Nice pics too. I've got a lot of friends in China and inviting me to visit din. I'll save up muna. :-)

melo : out of town blog said...

I would love to visit Great Wall of China maybe before the year ends... is it better to get a tour package instead?

Unknown said...

Wow! You've been in China. I love the photos.:)

andy said...

Well done ! These are great pictures of the Great Wall! Which reminds me… I should go through my India pictures and post some. I log on to your blog on a regular basis. Having read this I thought it was rather informative. I appreciate you finding the time and energy to put this article together. I once again find myself personally spending a significant amount of time both reading and leaving comments. But so what, it was still worth it!

In return, I also found a great blog of Jinshanling travel tips, I’d love to share it here with you and for future travelers.

http://www.wildgreatwall.com/how-difficult-is-it-to-do-great-wall-one-day-hike-from-jinshanling-to-simatai-west/

Unknown said...

Thanks for the FANTASTIC post! This information is really good and thanks a ton for sharing it :-)
Beijing tour package

Unknown said...

Good saying about fix..
Great Wall of China

Unknown said...

I was very socked during seeing the Great Wall of China. it is very classic construction in over all world.

John said...

v

marc monserrat said...

Good day! This post couldn’t be written any better! Reading this post reminds me of my previous room mate! He always kept talking about this. I will forward this post to him. Fairly certain he will have a good read. Thank you for sharing! My web vinilos decorativos

Post a Comment

Welcome

 

Travel, Photographs and Lifestyle Copyright © 2010 LKart Theme is Designed by Lasantha