Today, I receive all God’s love for me. Today, I open myself to the unbounded, limitless, overflowing abundance of God’s Universe. Today, I open myself to your Blessings, healing and miracles.Today, I open myself to God’s Word so that I become more like Jesus Everyday. Today, I proclaim that I’m God’s Beloved, I’m God’s Servant, I’m God’s powerful champion, And because I am blessed, I will bless the world, In Jesus Name, Amen.

Featured Post

The Great Wall of China in Mutianyu

The Great Wall of China is referred to in Mandarin as Wanli Changcheng   (10,000-Li Long Wall or simply very long wall) BEIJING, ...

Friday, January 27, 2012

BA NOI'S THE FRESH FLAVORS OF VIETNAM


Ba Noi's is a secret Vietnamese hole-in-the-wall in Makati. Tucked in a quiet Perea Street in Salcedo Village, Makati, Ba Noi's is surrounded by residential flats and office buildings and only a few blocks away from Greenbelt Mall. Ba Noi's is an unpretentious restaurant that seats around 30 to 40 persons. Ba Noi’s is a specialty restaurant that prides itself in serving authentic Vietnamese family dishes that cannot be found in other commercial restaurants. The essence of Ba Noi’s is simply to share a piece of Vietnam with the Philippines.
 
Goi Cuon is a dish consisting of pork, shrimp and vermicelli attractively rolled in rice paper served with Ba Noi's famous peanut sauce.
 
Pho Bo is a perfected homemade beef noodle soup served with fresh herbs and spices. So yummy. I love this! 
 
You could put the lime, bean sprouts, chili paste and hoisin sauce to the beef noodle soup or Pho Bo in Vietnamese.
Cha Gio is a mixture of ground pork, shrimp, taro and black fungus wrapped and deep fried and served with fresh greens and traditional nuoc mam dipping sauce. The small spring rolls are full of fillings, with a surprise crunchiness brought about by the black fungus (mushroom). I wrapped the spring rolls with the lettuce and basil served on the side then I dipped them in Nuoc Nam (fish sauce/patis).  Verdict: Yummy fried spring rolls. We had two orders of this!
Banh Xeo is a savory delicate crepe filled with sauteed pork, shrimp and bean sprouts that  is served with fresh veggies and nuoc mam sauce (fish sauce/patis).
Ca Kho To is a dish consisting of deep fried catfish simmered in rich caramel sauce and garnished with spring onions and fresh chillies. This is best eaten with steamed rice. 
Braised Chicken slowly cooked in lemongrass and curry powder infused with fresh chillies, shallots and spring onions.
The last but not the least dish is the best ever! Bo Luc Lac!!! This is my personal favorite! The beef bursts with flavor with every bite! Bo Luc Lac is stir-fried beef with honey and basil leaves. Dip it with the sauce. For the sauce, you just squeeze the lime into the salt-pepper mixture. This dish is so yummy! We will definitely come back for more Bo Luc Lac!
 
Banh Dan Long is a warm pandan cake filled with mung bean, drizzled with coconut cream and toasted sesame seeds. This dessert tastes like a cross between sapin-sapin and kalamay.
 
I washed down all these carbo with a sugarcane juice. Unique eh?
 
Some of my friends had red wine!

         
Trivia: Ba noi's has its own sugarcane machine. Designed to crush sugarcane. The sugarcane juice obtained after crushing is sweet, delectable and refreshingly healthy!
When we entered Ba Noi's restaurant, a friendly staff readily assists us to our seats and promptly took our orders.
Ba Noi's Menu.
 
I am fascinated with lights.  That is why it is hard for me not to notice Ba Noi's Ceiling lights.
 
 Ba Noi's Wall Lights and Wall Picture
 Every table at Ba Noi's has a picture and a wall light.
 Ba Noi's is the brainchild and vision of Filipino-Vietnamese entrepreneur Henry Nguyen.
Did you know that Ba Noi means:
  1. Grandmother on the father side
  2. A culinary experience that brings together authentic and traditional processes, ingredients and recipes from Vietnamese cuisine.
Verdict:  Vietnamese food is both colorful and bursting with fresh flavors. The beef's taste still lingers in my mind. Best Vietnamese restaurant ever in Manila. With Ba Noi's commitment to healthier food, you would enjoy their dishes infused with different greens. Vegetables are so fresh!  We will definitely come back for that hearty, healthy fix of a piece of Vietnam.  
 
Ba Noi's Facade 
BA NOI'S THE FRESH FLAVORS OF VIETNAM
106 G/F Greenbelt Mansions, Perea St., Legaspi Village Makati City, Metro Manila Philippines 
Telephone number: (02) 893-7359 
Cellphone number: (0916) 266-6652 
Opens from 11:00 am - 10:00 pm daily
Su, M, T, W, Th: 11:00 am - 9:00 pm
F, Sa: 11:00 am - 10:00 pm
Because I really enjoyed the taste of Ba Noi's, so I asked the owner if they have delivery service. Guess what? You can enjoy a piece of Vietnam even in your homes or offices with just a dial away! For a minimum order of P500.00. Ba Noi's delivers in 45 - 75 minutes.

Enjoy! God bless your heart!


37 comments:

chino said...

mukhang magenjoy ako sa Cha Gio. Never tried their cuisine yet pero i have plans din later. =) Thanks for recommending this . I like the ambiance too.

Unknown said...

I love Vietnamese food!!! We usually go to Vietnam kitchen I'm not sure though of we have it here sa pinas. Would love to try this restaurant! Sana very soon na! ;-)

RUBY Caberte said...

I haven't tried Vietnamese food but I might be open to it. Any good tasting food is always open for a person like me. I just love eating!!!

lakwatsero said...

I love Vietnamese girls, err, food !Lolz. Again, good job on the photos!
Kahit di masarap nagmumukhang masarap. :)

Carmel said...

Hey, thanks for this. The Bo Luc Lac looks delish! Must check it out :)

ErikaRodica.com said...

Looks delicious! The only Vietnamese restaurant I've tried is Pho Hoa, I might give this a try as well ;)

:) Erika

http://erikarodica.com

http://www.shopdainty.com

Anncash16 said...

Wow, this is my next target restaurant. Thanks for sharing!

Richard said...

Nice meeting you last night. The Pho Bo is a winner in our book and will definitely be back.

Faust said...

45+ minutes of waiting makes you go starving.. the prep time is too long O_O

ralph said...

i think, i haven't tried a vietnamese food yet (lol) but just looking at it, i think i'll love it. Yahweh bless. http://trunklocker.blogspot.com/2012/01/g-malls-top-overhaul.html

Rey Belen said...

Looks good! Might want to try that. Makes me wonder if I have eaten vietnamese cuisine. Photos look great by the way.

kRyStLe said...

i haven't tried one but i would surely one of these days try Vietnamese cuisine..

Rain said...

Cha Gio is interesting - a mixture of Taro and black fungus... will definitely try this.

The Digital Pedia said...

Love their food, lot of herbs combined..

Jinkee Umali of www.calamba-online.com and www.livelifefullest.com

stacy said...

Nice meeting you at Ba Noi's! Loved the food there. I will take my family there one day. the food is delicious!

Anonymous said...

Ang ganda ng set-up, at mukhang masarap ang presentable ang mga pagkain.

chrisair said...

cha are you really sure you are not a professional phptograper, your captures are amazing, thanks for this review

yuuki said...

i thought the restaurant is in Vietnam sabi ko i have to go there to try this, but since it's in Makati lang pala I have to check this place...

Sionee said...

Gosh I have to check out this place. It will feel like I've been to Vietnam already with just a taste of their cuisine. nice pics!

Sumi Go said...

I haven't tried a lot of Vietnamese food yet, feeling ko kasi before Viet cuisine is quite bland. But I'll definitely try Ba Noi's soon. The food looks so good! :D

Aleah | SolitaryWanderer.com said...

After having been to Saigon 3x, I tried the Vietnamese restaurants here and I was sooo disappointed to discover they don't have the same tastes as the dishes in Vietnam. This resto seems promising though. Maybe I can try this out and see if it lives up to my expectation :)

blankPixels of Certified Foodies said...

We were supposed to be there din, but had to cancel 'cause we were preparing for our nanay's birthday. Sayang! All the food looked delicious! :)

I love Vietnamese cuisine too. We used to make spring rolls with peanut sauce as snacks at home. Hope to visit this place sometime soon. :)

Gil Camporazo | RandomThoughts! said...

Ba Noi and Ha Noi, what do they have in common? Vietnam conquers PH in the expertise of resto and foods. Out of those foods mentioned here and drinks, juice from sugarcane reminds of my childhood days together with my barkada or peer group. We used to squeeze sugarcane to get much juice and put it in a glass. But here in Ba Noi, there's a crusher. This makes unique BN from other resto or food outlets in the country.

ROMELO said...

Gusto ko itong mga maliliit na kainan. Hindi sila nakakailang pasukin.

TRAVELING MORION said...

Iluv vietnamese foods, mahilig cla sa herbs taz healthy pa... Interesting ung sugarcane juice hah

Lady Patchy said...

ang ganda ng place.I hope to visit the place someday.mukhang masarap mga food.

Gemma| My Dailies said...

parang ang sarap! ganda pa place! parang gusto ko eat to now na lol! (Braised Chicken, Cha Gio and crepe!)

Shirgie Scf said...

Oh My God..Vietnam is one of the Countries I want to visit. By reading this post, it feels like I travelled with you to Vietnam..Thanks for introducing their culture.

Algene said...

Ang gaganda ng oics :P Haven't tried Vietnamese cuisine yet pero mukhang masarap talaga :P

Chel said...

This is so close to our office! I'll definitely try this resto. Although Im not really a fan of Vietnamese cuisine, that might be changed.

Helen Blas said...

With your description, Bo Luc Lac is definitely a must try! Thanls for recommending this! I've never tried Vietnamese food yet, but in case I'd crave, this is the place to go. :)

Ruth dela Cruz said...

Looks like a lovely place. But mahirap puntahan :D I haven't tried much Vietnamese food, but I should really explore. Saw in the post that you guys are toasting, so the place also serve wine? is that a local wine from Vietnam? Never thought they also eat with wine..

Mommy Pehpot said...

the ambiance looks really nice and very relaxed.. I'm still not up to trying out other cuisines but reading about great review such as this, my curiosity's peaking :)

Tetcha said...

What a lovely place to enjoy Vietnamese cuisine, and the food looks delicious! Visiting from Delight My Appetite: http://www.delightmyappetite.com/2012/01/a-sizzling-dinner-at-sizzlin-pepper-steak/

Edwin said...

I have to visit this. I love Vietnamese food, although it's hard to find good ones here. Thanks for this, since I've been looking for a good Vietnamese restaurant. I'll try to schedule just going there.

gracefool said...

love it! i remember vietnam tuloy

ruru said...

wow naman,naglalaway ako sa braised chicken.yum yum!

Post a Comment

Welcome

 

Travel, Photographs and Lifestyle Copyright © 2010 LKart Theme is Designed by Lasantha