Today, I receive all God’s love for me. Today, I open myself to the unbounded, limitless, overflowing abundance of God’s Universe. Today, I open myself to your Blessings, healing and miracles.Today, I open myself to God’s Word so that I become more like Jesus Everyday. Today, I proclaim that I’m God’s Beloved, I’m God’s Servant, I’m God’s powerful champion, And because I am blessed, I will bless the world, In Jesus Name, Amen.

Featured Post

The Great Wall of China in Mutianyu

The Great Wall of China is referred to in Mandarin as Wanli Changcheng   (10,000-Li Long Wall or simply very long wall) BEIJING, ...

Thursday, October 20, 2011

THE BEST PEKING DUCK IN HONG KONG


Spring Deer 鹿鳴春飯店1/F, 42 Mody Road, TST
Tel: 852/ 2366 4012



Cuisine: Pekingese



Operating hours Daily 11:30am-3pm and 6-11pm

Location: Tsim Sha Tsui, Kowloon Hong Kong

Transportation : MTR: Tsim Sha Tsui station

Reservations : Reservations recommended

Phone : 852/2366 4012

Prices Small dishes: HK$58-HK$90 (US$7.55-US$12/£3.75-£5.85)

Credit Cards Accepted : American Express Card, Master Card, Visa

Average Spending: HKD 200 - 300 per person


2 weeks or 14 days or half a month ... that is how long most people have to book in advance in to dine here. Spring Deer Restaurant is one of the few remaining old-school Chinese restaurants in Hong Kong and it is famous for its Peking Duck.

We were lucky that my uncle knew the owners. So we always get a table whenever we are in Hong Kong.

 DINING AREA AT THE FIRST FLOOR

The decor remained pretty much the same over the last few decades.  It was always full house with staff rushing back and forth. Worth noting that most of the dishes come in 3 different sizes, Small - Medium - Large.  The idea of offering different dish size was nothing new, it was there long before I was even born.
 THE PEKING DUCK CHEF


They offer Peking Duck - Three Ways! It was fun watching the chef preparing the Peking duck! 
This restaurant is famous for its specialty -- honey-glazed Peking duck, which costs HK$280 (US$36/£18) and is good for two to four persons. Since you'll probably have to wait 40 minutes for the duck if you order it during peak time (7:30-9:30pm), it's best to arrive either before or after the rush.
WRAPPER
 The first way was in the traditional way of sliced skin with Chinese pancakes.
 Yummy Peking Duck rolls

The second way to enjoy the Peking Duck dish was the common Lettuce Wrap with Minced Duck.

 PEKING DUCK SOUP

The Peking Duck third dish was the Peking Duck soup.  You see you could request them to chop the remaining duck into small pieces to make this soup. Not that there were much duck flavor to the soup but it was quite comforting to drink.


Enjoy your Peking Duck!




5 comments:

April Perez said...

we've eaten here a dozen times and we always order our peking duck 3 way :D

miss-april.info

chrisair said...

akala ko sa Pinas lang may peking duck

Lady Patchy said...

wow, i so like Peking Duck.Nagluluto din ako nyan pero iba pa rin pag sa reataurant parang mas masarap talaga.

yuuki said...

i tried eating but di ko masyado feel ung peking duck...maybe it depends on the cook or chef...

Mona said...

Looks delicious sana mavisit one day kapag nakabalik ulit sa HK =)

Post a Comment

Welcome

 

Travel, Photographs and Lifestyle Copyright © 2010 LKart Theme is Designed by Lasantha