Today, I receive all God’s love for me. Today, I open myself to the unbounded, limitless, overflowing abundance of God’s Universe. Today, I open myself to your Blessings, healing and miracles.Today, I open myself to God’s Word so that I become more like Jesus Everyday. Today, I proclaim that I’m God’s Beloved, I’m God’s Servant, I’m God’s powerful champion, And because I am blessed, I will bless the world, In Jesus Name, Amen.

Featured Post

The Great Wall of China in Mutianyu

The Great Wall of China is referred to in Mandarin as Wanli Changcheng   (10,000-Li Long Wall or simply very long wall) BEIJING, ...

Monday, February 13, 2012

17TH HOT AIR BALLOON FIESTA


Good Morning, Philippines! Special thanks to Dg Formoso for the wonderful pictures of the 17th Hot Air Balloon Festival held last February 9- 12, 2012 @ Clark, Airfields in Pampanga, Philippines.

The sunflower wink at me ha ha ha!
 




















 






We got to Clark airbase just in time to see the Hot Air Balloon flew in the sky. We were actually still inside the car so the pictures I have here is courtesy of REUTERS/Romeo Ranoco.
The Hot Air Balloons festival was on its 17th year now. They were held at the former U.S. base in Clark,Pampanga, north of Manila from February 9 to 12, 2012.
The Hot Air Balloon Fiesta is an event that started in 1994. It is considered the biggest aviation event in the country.
At least 26 hot air balloons, including six specially shaped balloons were flown in to participate in this year's Hot Air Balloon Fiesta.
 
We woke up at 1:30 a.m. after only an hour of sleep and drove all the way from Manila at 3:30 in the morning. This was the first time that we got to see the hot air balloon Fiesta live.
Aerial view of the 17th Hot Air Balloon Fiesta

 
Map
Aside from hot air balloons, military aircraft, kites and radio-controlled turbine jets also occupy the sky during the 17th Hot Air Balloon Fiesta.

Overall it was a nice event. Ordinary mortals like you and me get to interact with people from the aviation industry. We got to see and experienced everything that flies from hot air balloons, fighter jets, sky lanterns, sky divers, air shows, airplanes, mini airplanes, gliders, kites,etc. 

We paid a P200 contribution per person for the entrance ticket! There are tons of freebies from different sponsors and lots of food concessionaires. Best time to go to this event is either in the early morning or late afternoon. We would love to go there again next year!


16 comments:

Sumi Go said...

How I wish I was able to join the fun here.. I'll make sure to attend next year's though.. :D Thanks for sharing these nice photos sis. I really like the panda and flower balloons.. :D They're so cute!

Lady_In_Rhed said...

Wow great Pics and Post. Too bad i was not able to go this time...i missed all the fun!

thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

Wasn't able to go to, ayaw ng mga kids Andami kasing Tao... Love to take photos pa naman sana and I'm so near na 1 hr nalang! Next time nalang ulit... ;(

Julie. -- said...

yey! so cool. Wish I could witness these events when I go home next year :)

lakwatsero said...

di tayo nagkita sayang. maybe next year!

Nanay Blogs said...

Sayang, miss it! I'm 45 minutes away from Clark. Kids are down with cough and fever kaya di kami nakapunta. Excited pa naman mga kids to ride hot air balloon for the first time (ako din)!

Jyppe A. Quidores said...

Beautiful! Berhaps the hot sir balloons are more beautiful to behold at the real scene.

ROM @ FreePlayMMO said...

lagot yung sunflower... baka may lumilipad-lipad diyang zombies... hehehe

Dexter | Kidneytherapy.com said...

nice baloon festival. lots of bloggers are present in this event :)

Paliiits said...

WOW. i looooove your photos mam. Great shots, lalo na yung mula sa taas, galing! n_n

Beauty Product Reviews By Rhea said...

Sayang di ako nkapunta! to think na dito lang ako sa pampanga. Ehehhe.. super traffic kc sa loob ng clark hayyy. Wonderful!

markpogi said...

I've been so frustrated in attending HAB as its always conflict my work schedule. Hayyy. Hope I could attend next year.

ralph said...

wow... been dreaming to be in one of this... sana makasakay ako nito... hahaha. love the shots, cha. Yahweh bless. http://trunklocker.blogspot.com/2012/02/pick-up-lines.html

Blanca said...

I love the sunflowe, the cake, the card, everything!!! I wish I was able to see this.:( nobody wanted to go with me. Oh well, maybe next time:)

Blanca said...

oops, I mean the sunflower, the cake and the car. hehe

pranav said...

I wish I could be there witnessing the great get together for wonderful balloons, I liked the cake one, its superb

Post a Comment

Welcome

 

Travel, Photographs and Lifestyle Copyright © 2010 LKart Theme is Designed by Lasantha