Today, I receive all God’s love for me. Today, I open myself to the unbounded, limitless, overflowing abundance of God’s Universe. Today, I open myself to your Blessings, healing and miracles.Today, I open myself to God’s Word so that I become more like Jesus Everyday. Today, I proclaim that I’m God’s Beloved, I’m God’s Servant, I’m God’s powerful champion, And because I am blessed, I will bless the world, In Jesus Name, Amen.

Featured Post

The Great Wall of China in Mutianyu

The Great Wall of China is referred to in Mandarin as Wanli Changcheng   (10,000-Li Long Wall or simply very long wall) BEIJING, ...

Friday, May 18, 2012

Hand Paraffin Treatment at Bioessence


I visited Bioessence not for a facial this time around but for a hand paraffin treatment. Bioessence offers this treatment for free to its valued clients and if you want a foot paraffin, you just have to pay Php 150.00.
 
Paraffin wax is a white or colorless wax made from petroleum byproducts. Paraffin is used primarily to make candles or as an ingredient in cosmetics and for creating waxed paper.
 
Bioessence used this machine to dissolve the paraffin wax to be used for my hand paraffin test errr treatment. Ha ha ha! Okay, that is a joke. I am such a lousy joker. Ha ha ha! Sorry po.
Shown above is the Bioessence attendant preparing the hand paraffin treatment. Paraffin wax is melted in a special warmer or double boiler until it becomes clear or translucent liquid.
 The Bioessence attendant sprayed alcohol to each of my hands.
 
She then wiped it dry using a soft tissue
The Bioessence attendant then dipped my hands directly into the warmer. Another option is to pour the liquid wax into plastic bags and each hand is slipped into a bag of paraffin.
 
The hands are covered in the wax for several minutes.
Wrapped my hands into a plastic laminate. 
 
I felt like a chicken. Ha ha ha! I used to sell roasted chicken as a sideline and I wrapped the chicken in a plastic laminate exactly like this plastic laminate in Bioessence. 
 
The finished product.
 
I have two (2) hands, the left and the right.
 After wrapping my hands in plastic laminate, they put my two hands inside these gloves.
Paraffin wax is said to retain heat, and this heat increases the skin's circulation and opens pores on the hands, allowing the lubricants in the wax to penetrate and soften the skin.
 
After 20 minutes, they then removed the gloves and the platic, then put my hands inside these booties.
 
By the way, I am not sure if it is really called booties. The attendant told me that it is how they call this white thingy.
 
She said this electric glove-like machine will keep your hands softer than ever before and your "pasma" will be cured. Awww! Amazing, isn't it. She further explained that the heat provided by melted paraffin wax is absorbed by the skin and tissue on which it is placed, making it beneficial for people suffering from arthritis or other joint or muscle pain.

WARNING: DON'T TRY THIS AT HOME KIDS!

Why am I saying that? It is because paraffin comes from petroleum products, people with chemical sensitivities may suffer side effects from paraffin wax. If you're going to try this at home take extra precautions and keep out of reach of children to avoid serious burns.
A visit at Bioessence always makes me feel pampered. The staff and the atmosphere at Bioessence wrap me in calm comfort and wash away my stress. It is a place that gives me solace. How I wish Bioessence will let us try this room. I have not personally tried this yet but they told us you could rent this room for Php1,800 plus the various services that you'll avail like massage, bubble bath, facial etc.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome

 

Travel, Photographs and Lifestyle Copyright © 2010 LKart Theme is Designed by Lasantha